Common Pet Diseases During the Summer
When the heat turns up, it not only affects humans but also increases the dangers of diseases to pets. To keep your dog, cat and other furry friends away from hazards of summer, you have to be prepared because prevention is better than cure.
Here are described some common pet summer diseases. Add them in your knowledge and prevent your pets from these diseases.
Common Diseases Your Pet May Get In This Summer
- Dehydration is caused by low content of water in your pet’s body. Vomiting, not taking enough food or water, diarrhea and high fever could also be the reason behind dehydration.
- Worms including tapeworms, hookworms, whipworms and roundworms are common internal parasites in your pet. These can result in weight loss, diarrhea, decreased appetite, scooting on the bottom and other changes in your pet body.
- Fleas take just three weeks to turn massive infestation of bugs in your pet. They are the common canine problem and deliver hair loss, allergic reactions and tapeworms.
- Leptospirosis is among the infectious conditions that are caused by germs. It usually happens when your pet drinks ditch, lake or puddle water that is infected by other infected wild animals’ urine.
- Seasonal Allergies are a result of some seasonal items like grass and other plants. Its signs are constant itching, shedding coat, excess sneezing and rashes.
Pay Attention To Your Pet’s Behavior
Make sure to provide your pet at an ideal temperature and immediately respond to any dramatic change in your pet’s behavior. The moment you notice your pet is having a health problem, consult with a local veterinarian to get an effective solution.
At Bloor-Kipling Animal Clinic in Etobicoke, we are one stop solution for entire problems related to pet examination, vaccination and treatment of all pet diseases. Call us today to fix your consultation with professionals.