What are the Benefits of Spaying or Neutering your Pets?
Well, spaying or neutering your pet is one of the best decisions you have ever made for the long term welfare of the pet. Such surgical procedures help prevent a lot of health and behavioral problems. Moreover, it helps in controlling the homelessness crisis for pets.
Millions of healthy cats and dogs are up for adoption every year in Canada. And, these are not strays, in fact, they are the offsprings of really healthy cats and dogs. Therefore, spaying or neutering is the way to reduce the huge number of wandering cats and dogs, ensuring that every pet has its family to love and care for them.
What is Spaying or Neutering?
Spaying is a term used for removing the female reproductive parts from a female animal. On the other hand, neutering means surgical removal of the reproductive parts (testicles) from the male animal. These surgical methods are carried only by a professional and a verified veterinarian. Most often than not, it is referred to as neutralizing or fixing the pets.
Benefits of Spaying or Neutering
- This surgical procedure helps in controlling uterine infection and breast cancers which have a probability of 50% in dogs and 90% in cats.
- Spaying before the first heat cycle of pets devoids the pets of the mating heat cycle syndrome- this syndrome lasts about 6 to 12 days and occurs twice a year.
- This also prevents unwanted pregnancies and attraction of animal counterparts to your home.
- Neutering helps in preventing testicular cancer, prostate gland enlargement and decreasing perianal tumors.
- Spaying or neutering helps in calming down the pets to a good extent, making them more passionate towards their owners.
Worried about your pet health or want to take them for a regular check-up? Reach out to the trusted and reliable set of professionals for your pets- Bloorkipling Animal Clinic today.